RECENT  POSTS:  » 'WaPo' conservative columnist: 'Strident' marriage equality opponents have lost » If John Eastman's allowed to intervene in Oregon, I submit his endorsement of this very anti-gay book » I apparently can fly; cool, I've always wanted to! » Starving selves to stop others' happiness: Virginia edition » NOM-aligned organization claims God will soon punish us for pro-equality rulings » GLAAD: The rise of toxic terminology: Losing anti-LGBT movement turns to corrosive labeling » Founder of anti-gay Boy Scouts alternative links sexual orientation, adultery; earns merit badge in ill-intended comparisons » 'Playbill' to let the two previously unaware playgoers in on Broadway's love for gays » New record: Anti-gay activist Ralph Reed contradicts self in less than minute » Read: NOM's guide to pressuring lawmakers to ban marriages (while pretending you're doing something good and positive instead)

02/25/2010

Video: Preachers are curing gays, one 'or else' at a time

This is Pastor Kim Daniels, a Pentecostal Apostle:

And here she is partnering with Harry Jackson, talking about the "enemy" pushing hate crimes legislation:

Quite vocal, huh? In fact, she was so vocal in October 2009 that a Halloween piece she penned was yanked from the Christian Broadcasting Network site. Apparently even Pat Roberston and company realize that lines like this...

"I do not buy candy during the Halloween season. Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference." [Source]

...are just a bit too much even for the most ardent evangelicals. Devil-infested chocolate has a way of eliciting raised eyebrows from many walks of life.

But while cursed Kit Kats might be a turn off to CBN, they do apparently get behind Daniels' ability to lead men to trade in their Almond Joys (have nuts) for Mounds (don't). In a new "700 club" piece, the network is now crediting her with "saving" a gay man named Tony Spears:

We wish Mr. Spears well and we genuinely hope he's well. But we also wish he would have gone to a few more objective sources before he went to Ms. "this is not normal" for views on Christianity and homosexuality. His outcome might have been the same. But at least it would have come from a place of actual reflection, not the kind that sets the parameters as ranging from closeted to "ex-gay."

How if you'll excuse me, I have a hankering for a Beelzebubian Baby Ruth that's been aging its demon since Halloween '88. Yum Yum!

**MORE: Want more insight into Daniel's views? Well this comes from Daniels' church site:

Screen Shot 2010-02-25 At 4.34.49 Pm-1

Let's just keep those tanks figurative, por favor!

Not to be unkind, but maybe the folks who post in the "war room" might just want to learn how the Windows "Spell Check" works. Case in point: "Mo Hock" hair styles and assorted related devilry. I'm just sayin'.

Posted by: Candace | Feb 25, 2010 11:37:22 PM

So she's going to wield the Sword o' the Lord via deleting and banning All Those Who Dare To Oppose. That mindset is rather revealing of what they do when they have power, even the tiny amount of power that blogmods have.

I'm getting a little tired of all the macho martial rhetoric of war coming from them. I'm now basically at the "bring it on" stage, because it's time to call their bluff. They are hollow empty bullies and when you confront them, they run.

See cowards.
See cowards run.

Posted by: marsmannetje | Feb 26, 2010 12:52:24 AM

Well, yes, of course! That makes perfect sense! And everyone knows on Nov 1 the candy demons make the kid's eyes turn red, they wet the bed, throw up pea soup, kill their parents and teachers, sodomize each other, and get a belly ache!

Posted by: Bearchewtoy75 | Feb 26, 2010 9:07:37 AM

Can you even imagine if someone on "our side" said in all seriousness that a grocery store product is haunted because of some kind of homophobic spirit? They would have forever dampened if not destroyed their credibility. The far-right would certainly see to it.

But here we have someone who has said that exact thing (and much more), and she's still seen as a credible voice in the push to "cure" gays. It's unbelievable.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Feb 26, 2010 9:23:14 AM

Pat "Hatians made a deal with the devil/gays are responsible for *insert natural disaster here*" Robertson had a problem with this? Really?

Posted by: Bonnie_Half-Elven | Feb 26, 2010 12:14:47 PM

I call BS on Daniels, Jackson, and the rest of these nuts. I'm AA, and I know when people like these are pushing their own agendas. I don't understand them. It's as if they've forgotten what it was like to live in an America that didn't grant AAs their constitutionally guaranteed rights. I remember what it was like, and I'll go to my grave remembering that it was NOT a shining period in America's history. It was wrong then, and it's wrong today. They're hiding behind their form of "Christianity" to promote their hatred for all things gay. This p!sses me off immensely, and it is the reason I oppose them at every turn.

Posted by: magi | Feb 26, 2010 3:03:16 PM

At least Patrick Strudwick is doing his best to keep conversion therapists in their place:

Posted by: BLoGT | Feb 28, 2010 4:10:18 PM

Typical corny lies from evangelical christians,especially the anti-gay crap from blacks. Like they don't have enough garbage from their own culture to worry about than to blame gays for'ruining' society! Give me a break! Listen up, blacks, get to work, become good fathers, teach your children civility, stop living like bums and glorifying delinquency/thug culture, and maybe then the larger society may listen to you. Stop playing the victim when you live like crap and want to be respected for being a thug! Word up!

Posted by: nikko | Mar 1, 2010 4:08:00 PM