The play in Peter's head: Gays are extremists censors, junk science supporters are 'pro-normalcy'
This from professional anti-gay activist Peter LaBarbera:
Whoever would have thought that 1-3 percent of the population — united around the practice of deviant, unhealthy sex — could command such power? (Only in a declining society, we maintain.)
And the hucksters (homosexual and straight) who push the monolithic “gay” agenda do so in the name of “diversity.” What a sham. Memo to homosexual extremists: keep demanding such bans on opposing viewpoints — and cheer loudly whenever a pro-normalcy group is silenced! The more you do, the more the American people will see your true colors — which do not match a rainbow’s but rather the oppressive black of a censor’s pen.
NCAA's pulling of Focus ad will only encourage homo-fascism [AFT]
Extremist? Censoring? Says the man who launches an unprovoked personal attack against a man's wedding just days before the happy event, dedicates his every waking day to pushing anti-scientific "ex-gay" therapy, and who, true to far-right form, operates a website that only shuts out all dissenting opinion (unlike in the LGBT world, where almost every website offers an open comments forum). People who live in one-way glassed houses shouldn't throw stones.
Look, the American public is free to make up their minds in regards to whose palette they find palatable. But at least they'll get a chance to see our side's true colors. Pete and his friends want to tell society what the hues are rather than to let the population experience them for themselves. The "pro-family" folks want to pee on America's shoe and tell them that the yellow urine is really purple rain. The population can see through their red herrings.
**NOTE: Pete's quip is in regards to the Focus on the Family ad that the NCAA recently pulled from its website. Just to remind everyone: The ad was not pulled because of its content. The ad was pulled because the discriminatory product that FOF sells (which Pete says is "too soft") goes against the policies of NCAA schools! Here's but a small sampling of FOF's extreme teachings:
- "Focus on the Family is committed to the thousands of individuals who are ensnared by homosexuality but are desperately seeking a way out." [Source]
- "Look beyond the "gay" or "lesbian" label to the whole person inside. Rather than seeing your friend as a homosexual, think of him or her as a person with a homosexual problem." [Source]
- "Truly, the homosexual movement has become a steamroller in nations around the world." [Source]
- "Any nation that mocks the laws of God will ultimately fail. It is inevitable. And each of us is either part of the problem or a part of the solution." [Source]
- "The best prevention of gender confusion remains a strong home life. Homosexuality is much less likely to occur in the context of a loving home where parents are reasonably well-adjusted sexually themselves. I don't think it is necessary to react with paranoia even in this aberrant culture. If parents provide a healthy, stable home life and do not interfere with the child's appropriate sex role, homosexuality is highly unlikely to occur." [Source]
- "To those of you who are parents, I say, "Be aware!" Your children are being inundated with inaccurate — but enticing — messages about homosexuality. Television, movies, music and an increasing number of public schools constantly reinforce the idea that "gay is good." Monitor the influences your children are receiving, and address the subject of homosexuality directly with them." [Source]
- "Sexual orientation is complex because it develops over time. We are born with the potential to have a healthy sexual orientation — towards the other sex — but because of sin, our sexual orientation may not develop as God intended. This is where we need God's power for healing and change." [Source]
- "Finally, if homosexuality were genetically transmitted, it would be inevitable, immutable, irresistible, and untreatable. Fortunately, it is not. Prevention is effective. Change is possible. Hope is available. And Christ is in the business of healing. Here again, gay and lesbian organizations and the media have convinced the public that being homosexual is as predetermined as one's race and that nothing can be done about it. That is simply not true. There are eight hundred known former gay and lesbian individuals today who have escaped from the homosexual lifestyle and found wholeness in their newfound heterosexuality." [Source]
- "I head a division of Focus on the Family whose purpose is to introduce homosexuals to Jesus Christ and to offer a way out of the lifestyle that ensnares them. We also provide hope, information and support to their friends and family members. We have found that many homosexuals who seem so angry are actually desperate to escape, but have never been told that God loves them. Many are intimidated from seeking a solution to their pain." [Source]
- "In addition to the ominous feeling that something is wrong, there are a number of telltale signs that your partner might be struggling with same-sex attraction or having a homosexual affair: [FOF proceeds to list 14 "warning signs"] [Source]
- "Attempts to subjugate objective biblical truths to subjective human experiences lead men and women to accept lies. Often those having a personal interest in the promulgation of pro-gay revisionist theology twist the plain teaching of Scripture to support and justify their behavior." [Source]
- "The media, the rock music and film industries, universities, the judiciary, and now more commonly, Congress itself conspire to reposition homosexuality as just another normal lifestyle. Nothing could be further from the truth." [Source]
- "Homosexuality is a lonely and disillusioning way of life. There is a reason why this behavior has been considered morally wrong throughout most of human history." [Source]
- "Love is not enough to justify a relationship. A married man can fall deeply in love with a woman other than his wife; that will never sanctify adultery. Likewise, love between two men or women cannot justify a homosexual relationship." [Source]
Re: "Rather than seeing your friend as a homosexual, think of him or her as a person with a homosexual problem." -- I prefer to see my friends as friends, whose sex lives are their own business.
Posted by: Dan T. | Mar 3, 2010 12:12:44 PM
Ah well, for WOMEN's HISTORY MONTH. Rush L just wants MISTRESSES to stay in their places.
Posted by: LOrion | Mar 3, 2010 12:19:49 PM
The only thing these paranoics have to gain from all their baseless rhetoric is money from the ignorant. It's too bad that the state doesn't pay for a college education. If it did, this nonsense would go away in a generation.
Posted by: Mykelb | Mar 3, 2010 3:48:55 PM
Did it not occur to Mr. Pete and AFTAH that if any OTHER organization had said the same thing, they'd ALSO be refused ad time?
That's the thing about Mags, Pete, Brian B and so on...they think it's all about them when they get legitimately rejected.
I know it's hard for them to believe that rejection is supposed to or CAN happen to them, but the least they could do is take it like adults.
Posted by: Regan DuCasse | Mar 3, 2010 8:56:02 PM
gays make up 10% not 3%
click here to see were he got his 3%
Posted by: Roxes /rio | Mar 3, 2010 11:39:29 PM
A pro-normalcy group?
Is he refering to his organization? Someone help me! I can't stop laughing.
Posted by: KZ | Mar 3, 2010 11:49:55 PM
Over 800 known former gay and lesbian individuals who have escaped from the homosexual lifestyle.....
Hmm Let's see 800 out of how many millions?
Doesn't sound too successful to me.
What really gets to me is how these heterosexual experts can possibly know why i am gay. I can assure you it is not from any of their reasons. God made me this way. Period.
Posted by: william | Mar 4, 2010 8:41:25 PM
Porno Pete just doesn't know when to shut up.
Posted by: libhomo | Mar 7, 2010 11:33:08 AMcomments powered by Disqus