Weird, Carl: Why didn't 'I don't have one iota of respect for [civil unions]' make your 6-point 'apology'?
Here's Carl Paladino in September, speaking to the very same Hasidic group where he ultimately delivered his now-infamous comments about gays' "brainwashing" children:
*AUDIO SOURCE: A September appearance alongside Yehuda Levin, wherein Levin said same-sex marriage 'caused the last step before the floods of Noah that actually destroyed the worlds' and that the judicial and legislative system has "spiritually sodomized" voices of dissent, while Paladino sat there and said nothing [G-A-Y]
But now Carl Paladino of course knows that he's stepped in it big time. So where there was once a need to say whatever he thought would appease the uber-homo-hostile Yehuda Levin, there is now the realization that unfettered anti-gayness will not fly in New York. And whereas there was once "not one iota of respect" for even civil unions, there is now the suggestion that the anti-civil union, pro-"let the people vote" Republican candidate has the exact same position as the pro-civil union, anti-vote-on-marriage President:
1) I am a live and let live person.
2) I am 100% against discrimination of any group. I oppose discrimination of any kind in housing, credit, insurance benefits or visitation.
3) I am 100% against hate crimes in any form.
4) I am in support of civil agreements and equal rights for all citizens.
5) My position on marriage is based on my personal views. I have the same position on this issue as President Barrack (sic) Obama. I have previously stated I would support a referendum by New York voters. I have proposed Initiative and Referendum so New Yorkers can decide important issues like this.
6) The portrayal of me as anti-gay is inconsistent with my lifelong beliefs and actions and my prior history as an father, employer and friend to many in the gay and lesbian community.
The full "apology": Carl Paladino...apologizes? [NYDN]
Mmm hmm, Carl. And we're enjoying that oceanfront midtown Manhattan apartment you sold us too!
comments powered by Disqus