Lawrence vs. Hexes: The eye-opening spiritual war behind NOM's new Maryland poll
This is the work of Mormon writer and pollster Gary Lawrence:
(*forgive the unsightly presentation -- it's an archived copy with dead images)
This was also the work of Gary Lawrence (though it was originally printed anonymously):
Six Consequences If Proposition 8 Fails
1. Children in public schools will be taught that both traditional marriage and same-sex marriage are okay.
The California Education Code already requires that health education classes instruct children about marriage. (§51890)
Therefore, if the definition of marriage is changed, children will be taught that marriage is a relation between any two adults. There will be serious clashes between the secular school system and the right of parents to teach their children their own values and beliefs.
2. Churches will be sued if they refuse to allow same-sex marriage ceremonies in their religious buildings that are open to the public. Ask whether your pastor, priest, minister, bishop, or rabbi is ready to perform such marriages in your chapels and sanctuaries.
3. Religious adoption agencies will be challenged by government agencies to give up their long-held right to place children only in homes with both a mother and a father. Catholic Charities in Boston has already closed its doors because of the legalization of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts.
4. Religions that sponsor private schools and which provide housing for married students will be required to provide housing for same-sex couples, even if it runs counter to church doctrine, or lose tax exemptions and benefits.
5. Ministers who preach against same-sex marriages will be sued for hate speech and could be fined by the government. It has already happened in Canada, one of six countries that have legalized gay marriage.
6. It will cost you money. A change in the definition of marriage will bring a cascade of lawsuits. Even if courts eventually find in favor of a defender of traditional marriage (highly improbable given today’s activist judges), think of the money – your money, your church contributions – that will have to be spent on legal fees.
This in from Gary Lawrence: Consequences of Do Nothing [Yes on Prop 8 Blog]
We learned about Lawrence's connections to these two docs thanks to the tireless work of Chino Blanco, who brought us this video of Lawrence proudly touting his work:
And this video of Lawrence further professing the virtues of Prop 8 to LDS audiences:
And this video of Lawrence talking about how much he loves the gay protests that his work might incite:
Right, so why do we bring all of this up again now? Today? While we're facing potentially forthcoming Prop 8-like battles in states like Maryland?
Oh. Well, because this too is the work of Gary Lawrence:
Maryland Poll FINAL - 02.17.11
BREAKING: New Poll Shows Majority of Maryland Voters Believe Marriage is Only One Man-One Woman [NOM Blog]
A mere poll on civil marriage? Right, NOM. Just like Mr. Lawrence's multiple Lucifer mentions are merely measured reads of the 14th Amendment? And just like it's purely coincidental that your MD polling firm has such comments and connections on record? Mmm hmm.
*UPDATE: For an actual poll, based in credible research, see here.
*UPDATE 2: It's not just the researcher's motivation, either. The Capital's Eric Hartley calls out NOM's flawed methodology
comments powered by Disqus