Maggie's #DOMA testimony: We got CSPAN Maggie, not Christian radio Maggie
- Why, if DOMA is so great now, Maggie's first reaction was to call it "timid."
- Why she thinks it's right to tell gays they "can always control their behavior" -- "behavior" she admits she considers "unfortunate."
- Why she thinks both gays and their straight supporters are "committing several different kinds of very serious sins."
- Why she thinks "ex-gay" therapy deserves more research dollars, which she once suggested of President Bush (whose payroll she was on, let's not forget).
- Why she considers homosexuality to be "at a minimum, a sexual dysfunction much as impotence or infertility."
- Why she thinks homosexuality is "like infertility...a sexual disability preventing certain individuals from participating in the normal reproductive patterns of the human species."
- Why she ever thought gay people's lives and loves was one of those issues "so dumb you don't have to talk about them." [speech at Franciscan Univ., 2/2/2010]
- Why if this is a civil marriage matter, she routinely talks about marriage rulings that "strike at the heart of Genesis"
Those things went unaddressed today. Instead, here are the more politically expedient things Maggie Gallagher presented to the House Judiciary Hearing regarding DOMA.
comments powered by Disqus