The sanctity of animus: Leading 'Vote For Marriage NC' org. books beyond incendiary Brown
- Michael Brown is an aggressive advocate of scientifically-discredited "ex-gay" therapy.
- For years, Michael Brown has stood outside of local Pride parades, warning revelers that "God Has a Better Way."
- Michael Brown refers to every last pro-equality goal -- from hate crimes protections to inclusive schools -- as "destructive."
- Michael Brown describes his organizational mandate as "Hating evil, loving good, and pursuing justice."
- Michael Brown recently said murdered gay teen Larry King was "more a victim of gay activism" than he was his killer."
And this February and March, as the trigger-happy North Carolina Family Policy Council makes its strongest push towards passing a discriminatory marriage ban in May, this same Michael Brown will be a keynote voice:
This is someone who is against every last one of our rights. He truly believes that God is against us -- not our marriages, but us. There is not one aspect of the LGBT equality platform that he supports. In fact, he vocally opposes the very idea of gay rights (which he refers to as evil and destructive, let me remind you).
And yet groups like NCFPC get to keep pushing these kinds of voices and views while maintaining a nice, sweet, "positive," "we just want to protect marriage" mask?! NO! NUH UH! THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS! They don't get to have it both ways.
*MORE to bely the ruse that the May 2012 vote is only about marriage:
comments powered by Disqus