If Matt Barber wants more light, more light he shall receive #glaadcap
In an article titled...
Matt Barber, one of the more eye- and ear-opening voices on the entire GLAAD Commentator Accountability Project list, continues the far-right's aggressively obtuse meme that tries to turn sunlight into "silence":
Since they cannot win the debate on the merits, he says the only thing left for these activists to do is try to silence those who disagree with them. But he asserts that that will never happen.
"They need to understand -- liberals and secularists -- that as Christ followers, we will never, ever stop speaking God's truth in love," Barber comments. "We appreciate when they reveal who they really are here and reveal the weakness inherent within their own arguments by attempting to silence those who would dare to dissent with their radical secular socialism."
To GLAAD: You Can't Silence Christians [ONN]
So again, since Matt doesn't want to be silenced, let's give him exactly what the project aims to do: Let's bring even more light to what's on his CAP profile.
- Has said that gay male relationships constitute "one man violently cramming his penis into another man’s lower intestine and calling it ‘love’”
- Has called President Barack Obama an anti-American enemy who is "determined to destroy America"
- Of a lesbian couple's parental decisions for their transgender child, said: "We shouldn't be surprised that we see this kind of child abuse and brainwashing when we allow children to be placed intentionally in motherless or fatherless homes that model disordered sexual behavior and push the false notion that human sexuality is somehow androgynous," adding that the kid is "the poster child against the unconscionable practice of legalized so-called 'gay adoption.'"
- Routinely uses words like "purveyors of evil" or "satanic" to refer to his political opponents
- Said Ellen DeGeneres "guides her many adoring housewife fans into rebellion against God's divine and explicit natural order"
- Claims that by supporting LGBT viewers, media outlets are trying "to make the absurd appear reasonable and normal" (0:46 - 0:51)
Matt Barber [GLAAD CAP]
And the thing is, with Matt in particular, one could literally expand this list four-fold. He's one of the most unfiltered and over-the-top in his movement, something I've been noting for years (and something that even Randy Thomas noted in his contrarian post).
Matt vows to never stop saying extreme things that bely the idea that the anti-LGBT movement is standing for "values" and not standing against anyone on a personal level? Well then awesome! Finally, after six years and far too many "purveyors of evil" quips, Matt and I both agree on something!
Oh, and I "love" the whole "GLAAD vs. Christians" setup that these folks keep using. For one, not everyone on the list is Christian (Brian Camenker, for one, is Jewish). But more than that: I'm willing to bet there are many, many Christians (including within GLAAD) who would take exception with having their own LGBT views lumped into one, generalized mix.
comments powered by Disqus