Video: Noted incendiary Patrick Wooden gets a big #marriagemarch shout
Raleigh, North Carolina's Patrick Wooden is quite hostile. Quite:
- On being gay: "We’re not talking about some little innocent looking thing that you may see in Glee, two clean cute little boys holding hands acting like two little effeminates and that is what homosexuality is all about and people think that it is something like that when we’re talking about a wicked, perverse lifestyle that destroys people and I think that it’s high time that people who think like we do come out of the closet and let their voices be heard, if not society will continue to go in the toilet."
- Says being gay is a "death style" that "causes the breakdown of the human body" — a "special rights" push that is more offensive to African Americans than "the n word" (see 3:24–4:15)
- Says it's "normal" to react violently to those who are gay: "We’ve always had a hostile response, or a disrespect if you will, for that kind of behavior."
- Claims Chaz Bono is acting under "the influence of the Devil, demon spirits—spirits of perversion"
- Claims adult gay men have "to wear a diaper or a butt plug just to be able to contain their bowels”; also: "we are armed with the truth about the damage that people are doing to their rectums and anuses as a result of participating in these perversive, sexual acts." (see 18:34–18:48)
- On civil rights: "I think that every African American ought to be appalled, ought to be angry, and should begin to wave their fist in the air and declare black power and say to the homosexual lobbyists, the homosexual groups, how dare you compare your wicked, deviant, immoral, self-destructive, anti-human sexual behavior to our beautiful skin color."
- Advice to lesbian blogger Pam Spaulding: "Pam needs Jesus, when Pam meets the Lord that yearning for a member of the same sex will change…she’d probably make a fantastic mother, and would enjoy having a husband who was born male – no Chaz Bono business – born male – and meet her man, and rock her world, in the name of the Lord.”
- Warns that marriage equality will lead to men marrying goats and a pedophile problem (1st clip); says gay people must "come out of homosexuality and get delivered" then enter into a union with opposite sex (2nd clip)
Patrick Wooden [GLAAD CAP]
So it was quite interesting to hear how much the National Organization For Marriage president and crowd embraced the mere mention of this pastor's name:
Guess it was that "wicked, perverse lifestyle that destroys people" quip that earned their respect.
comments powered by Disqus