NOM's Roback Morse calls us 'small minded tyrants'; she's the victim, of course
Jennifer Roback Morse, by far the most loose-lipped of NOM's senior employees, is now accusing us of being "small-minded tyrants" out to discredit our opponents:
The thing is? We're not the ones who are discrediting our opposition and their views; they themselves are marginalizing their cause by putting extremely wacky and downright hostile ideas on the table! Ms. Roback Morse is one of the most reliable offenders, regularly admitting that hers is a cause that goes well beyond just the issue of marriage and delves right into the realm of animus for LGBT people and our normalcy:
- Responded to 2012 election by saying "there really isn't any future in sodomy"
- Asked her supporters to pray for gay people's "conversion" coupled with claim that gays are "deeply wounded spiritually"
- Linked Nazi era photo to future shaming of same-sex marriage supporters
- At her annual conference, features an "ex-gay" advocate who claims homosexuality is worse than incest, is like playing in traffic, and is on the same plane as pedophilia.
- Calls the Boy Scouts' gay ban "very admirable"
- Says homosexuality is"'intrinsically disordered behavior"; advises gays to be celibate; compares homosexuality to "shacking up"
- Claims gays are "at war with Mother Nature"
- Claims homosexuality is a "completely socially constructed concept"
- Touts virtue of gays "lessening their cravings"
- Connects gays' right to marry with people who have drug problems or are mentally unstable
- Ruth Institute pushes posts that ask: "How much worse do the risks of gay sex have to be before it rates the same public health warnings as smoking?"
- Says gays need to be saved and live a life of celibacy
- Tells students to use the phrase "same-sex attracted" because she believes gays can control their behavior
- **SOURCE: NOM EXPOSED
I'm not the one who chose to say all of the above in order to keep my SIX FIGURE SALARY with NOM—Jennifer Roback Morse did. If the growing majority of Americans who want to have an adult conversation about civil rights and marriage feel like this obvious animus is losing its credibility, then that's not on us!
comments powered by Disqus