HOLY CRAP! NOM attempts to link same-sex marriage to incestuous marriage!
The Illinois Family Institute's Laurie Higgins is one of the most extreme-tongued voices in the anti-LGBT movement. Like for reals, her rhetoric must be seen to be believed.
But it's not out of line for NOM. They just pushed one of her ideas—one connecting gay people's loving unions to ones that might exist between blood relatives:
Um, let's see...
- Consent (or lack thereof).
- Medical consensus about blood relative bonding.
- The fact that neither polygamy nor incest are sexual orientations while homosexuality/bisexuality most certainly are.
- Social determination about what does and does not build stronger communities.
- The fact that neither of these concepts (with biblical roots) hinge on marriage equality for same-sex couples but rather the idea of marriage itself, with any and all new considerations needing to be judged on their individual merits (or lack thereof).
And so on.
But good job, NOM. Making our jobs easier every day.
comments powered by Disqus